HRMC Honors Kleinsasser and Goth at Annual Awards Celebration
January 19, 2023
Huron Regional Medical Center (HRMC) presented the annual Exceptional Employee of the Year Award and Mickey Mouse Award at the hospital’s Employee Awards Ceremony and Luncheon on Friday, January 6, 2023, at the HRMC Legacy Plaza Auditorium. 34 employees with milestone service anniversaries ranging from 5 to 45 years were also honored at the event. Their combined years of service totaled 525 years of commitment to HRMC and the health of our community.
Employees in attendance enjoyed a meal while reflecting on 2022 and celebrating the care provided by all in attendance. For those who worked the night shift, administrative staff hosted an evening meal and celebrated with the team taking care of patients overnight.
In addition to the service awards, HRMC recognized two employees with special awards. Jackie Kleinsasser, RN, emergency room nurse and trauma coordinator who has worked at HRMC over 12 years, was selected by the HRMC board of directors to be the 2022 Exceptional Employee of the Year. Each exceptional employee of the month is eligible for the Employee of the Year Award.
“Jackie is caring, kind and makes others feel comfortable. She goes above and beyond in her work every day and continuously stives to make patients and families feel valued and cared for,” according to coworkers. “She is attentive and reassuring in her work as a nurse, staying in contact with families as changes arise.”
Receiving the 2022 Mickey Mouse Award was Jessica Goth, RN, who has worked in the HRMC Birthing Center for just over three years. The Mickey Mouse Award began in 1989 in memory of Dr. David Buchanan whose uplifting personality and contagious smile were an inspiration to all that knew him. Each year, an HRMC employee who is dedicated to making people feel better in whatever they do is selected by their coworkers.
“Jessica has a natural gift for making anyone around her feel important. She has an infectious laugh and a bright, positive personality. She is compassionate and is continuously looking to alleviate the stress others are feeling through forming meaningful bonds and using her well-honed nursing and interpersonal skills,” a nominating coworker said. “Jessica genuinely loves her job. She teaches pre-natal classes and became a lactation counselor to be able to help patients even more,” stated another co-worker.
Other employees honored at the awards ceremony for service anniversary awards included:
- Taya Butterfield, Surgery
- Gerri Carpenter, Respiratory Therapy
- Catherine Chaney, Pro Rehab
- Chelsey Daly, Laboratory
- Amber Perrenoud, Pro Rehab
- Lanah Reimer, Radiology
- Valerie Sanchez, Human Resources
- Lexy Sharon, Radiology
- Nathaniel Sneed, Plant Operations
- Brooke Sydow, Nursing Administration
- Paula Wiebe, Dialysis
- Jason Barnhard, Surgery
- Karen Decker, Home Care
- Lisa Heer, Medical/Surgical Unit
- Elliot Hinricher, Pharmacy
- Laura Morgan, Health Information
- Laurel Scheel, Pharmacy
- Seth Soderman, Environmental Services
- Deborah Cutshaw, Wound Care
- Lynn Daniel, Central Scheduling
- Stephanie Metzger, ER
- Ann Van Winkle, Radiology
- Roxana Wallace, Human Resources
- Roxanne Ford, Specialty Clinic
- Cheri Leyendecker, Physicians Clinic
- Sheri Beckwith, Home Care
- Laurie Marcus, Emergency Room
- Joette Erickson, Central Sterilization
- Debra French, Physicians Clinic
- Gayle Larson, Dialysis
- Misty Sporrer, Human Resources
- Michael Strubel, Respiratory Therapy
- Debora Rycraft, Radiology
- Juliana Uttecht, Obstetrical Unit
2022 Exceptional Employee of the Year Jackie Kleinsasser, RN, poses for a photo with Erick Larson, HRMC president and CEO and HRMC board chairperson, Laurie Solem at the HRMC Employee Awards Presentation on January 6, 2023.
2022 HRMC Mickey Mouse Award Winner Jessica Goth, RN, poses for a photo with DeeAnna Opstedahl, RN, MSN, CNOR, VP-Patient Services.
Back to News Listing | Subscribe to News Alerts | Back to Blogs