HRMC Physicians Clinic Now Offering Telemedicine Visits
May 17, 2020
HURON, S.D. – In order to help patients care for their health during the COVID-19 pandemic, providers at the HRMC Physicians Clinic are available for telephone or video visits in addition to in-person medical appointments, according to Jennifer Kalahar, director of clinics for Huron Regional Medical Center.
“Our highest priority during this COVID-19 pandemic is to keep all of our patients and staff as safe as possible,” explained Kalahar. “While social distancing and other measures to prevent infection are of utmost importance, it is equally important to remain healthy and keep your pre-existing medical conditions well controlled.”
Therefore, HRMC Physicians Clinic is now offering two secure virtual appointment options to area patients to make sure that their healthcare remains uninterrupted. The options include:
- Telehealth medicine uses live, or real-time, video and sound to connect you with your provider while you stay in the comfort of your home. The telehealth appointment is as private as if you were in the office. We will use a private and secured Zoom meeting to connect. During the e-visit, the receptionist will register you and then connect you to the provider, who will be able to see and hear you during the appointment.
- Virtual check-in connects you to your provider through a phone call. This option is great for patients who don't have access to a video connection or are nervous about using technology. It can also be used for medication management or other types of follow-up care that do not require the provider to physically see you.
Both of these options include the same thorough review of your medical history, medications and current concerns as an in-person visit does.
“When you call the clinic, staff will review your medical need to determine which option is best for you or if an in-person appointment at the clinic is still necessary,” said Kalahar. “When making a video visit appointment, the receptionist will send a link via email and perform a test connection to make sure you're comfortable with the process.”
Additionally, to help reduce the amount of time in the clinic, patients requiring only laboratory services are prescreened via a phone call then directed straight to the lab after checking in at the front desk.
The HRMC Physicians Clinic team is following all recommended guidance from public health authorities to protect you, including:
- vigorous disinfecting between patients,
- regular cleaning of high-touch areas throughout the day and thorough disinfecting overnight,
- screening of all patients and staff prior to entering the clinic, and
- finding new ways to reduce the traffic patterns within the clinic to maintain social distancing for patients and staff.
Telehealth visits are available for both existing patients and new patients. To schedule an appointment, call 605-353-7660 or visit www.hrmcphysiciansclinic.org.
Back to News Listing | Subscribe to News Alerts | Back to Blogs