HRMC Wound Care Services Move to HRMC Physicians Clinic
March 23, 2023
Huron Regional Medical Center wound care services have relocated to the HRMC Physicians Clinic, effective Monday, March 27. Patients can expect the same compassionate, personal care from the specialized wound care team, now located in a more accessible and convenient space in close proximity to primary care and specialty providers.
The HRMC wound care team, led by Rebecca McCaskell, CNP, is now offering expanded treatment options. McCaskell, who holds a special certification in wound and ostomy care shares her excitement for patients to experience the new space, “Accessibility is key for our patients as some have difficulty with mobility. The great location, paired with larger exam and procedure rooms will be an excellent improvement for our patients.” She continued, “I am also excited for our team to be near primary and specialty care providers to provide consults and collaborate for the best patient outcomes.”
Along with McCaskell, Jenny Reimer, RN and Debbie Cutshaw, RN, also hold specialized wound care, ostomy and continence certifications and Karen Brandenburg, RN brings additional years of experience to the nurse-based team. Individualized and comprehensive care plans are determined by the team, with wound care treatment options available to inpatients and outpatients including:
- Education on the principles of wound healing and importance of medication management, nutrition and self-care at home
- Wound assessment, care and dressings
- Placental grafts, synthetic grafts and autografts
- Arterial, venous and diabetic foot ulcers
- Osteomyelitis with open wounds
- Radiation-related tissue damage
- Non-healing surgical wounds
- Chemical and thermal burns
- Ultrasound and electrical stimulation to promote wound healing
- Total contact cast application
- Negative pressure wound therapy (wound vacuum) application and management
- Compression wrapping
- Ostomy care/complications
- Assessment of skin issues
Most often, wound care services are referred by a patient’s regular health care provider, however, our team is available for questions regarding wound care needs. For more information, call 605-353-6334. The HRMC Physicians Clinic is located at 534 Oregon Avenue SE in Huron.
Photo Cutlines: Spacious procedure rooms at the HRMC Physicians Clinic provide increased space for wound care services.
Back to News Listing | Subscribe to News Alerts | Back to Blogs