Marquardt and Kahre Honored at HRMC Service Awards Ceremony
January 17, 2017
2016 Mickey Mouse Award Winner Jen Kahre (center), poses for a photo with Rebecca Jones, RN, maternity unit patient experience coordinator, David Dick, HRMC president and CEO, and Pam Poulisse, maternity nurse.
2016 Exceptional Employee of the Year Lauren Marquardt and HRMC President and CEO David Dick at the HRMC Employee Awards Presentation on January 6, 2017.
Huron, S.D. – Huron Regional Medical Center (HRMC) honored 49 employees for years of service in addition to two employees for exceptional customer service skills at the hospital’s Employee Awards Presentation on Friday, January 6, 2017, at the Huron Event Center.
During the evening event, 49 employees were recognized for sharing their hearts and years of service, ranging from 5 to 40 years, with hospital patients. Employees and their family members enjoyed a meal while celebrating the 830 years of combined service represented by those being honored.
In addition to the service awards, HRMC recognized two employees with special customer service awards. Lauren Marquardt, who has worked as the lab, quality/risk management and facilities assistant for more than two years, was selected by coworkers to be the 2016 Exceptional Employee of the Year from the 12 monthly exceptional employee candidates.
According to coworkers, “Lauren is a bright spot in every day because of her optimistic outlook on life. She is one of the friendliest people you will ever meet; saying hello to everyone she passes in the hall and casually stopping to ask others how their day is going,” the nomination continued. “Lauren is a role model for culture change demonstrated by a positive attitude and a friendly, upbeat personality.”
Originally from Huron, Marquardt graduated from Huron High School and earned a bachelor of science degree in Health Sciences from the University of South Dakota in Vermillion, S.D. She ie married to Ethan Marquardt and is the daughter of Paul and Jackie Carver.
Jenifer Kahre, who has worked at HRMC for more than 11 years and currently works as a nurse aide and unit secretary in the maternity unit, received the 2016 Mickey Mouse Award. The Mickey Mouse Award began in 1989 in memory of Dr. David Buchanan whose uplifting personality and contagious smile were an inspiration to all that knew him. Each year, an HRMC employee is selected who is dedicated to making people feel better in whatever they do. Employees are nominated for the honor by coworkers.
According to her coworkers, “Jen is a ray of sunshine, bringing smiles and happiness to work. Her kind and patient nature and her winning attitude makes both patients' and co-workers' lives better.
“Jen is someone who loves her job and genuinely cares. She has helped many families by providing them outstanding car-seat education, making sure the entire family is respected during the newborn delivery process and creating memorable experiences when providing hats and blankets to the infants and much more,” the nomination continued. “She is an inspiration to all; rejoicing with others, giving positive reinforcement, sharing creative ideas and going above and beyond in her role.”
Kahre lives in rural Wolsey with her husband, Trent. In her spare time, Kahre enjoys hunting, fishing, camping, photography, motorcycle riding with her husband and spending time with their Boston Terriers.
Employees receiving service anniversary awards included:
- Aaron Bateman, Purchasing, 5
- Leann Blasdell, Food Service, 5
- Tanya Blue, Medical/Surgical Unit, 5
- Jennefer Cruse, HRMC Physicians Clinic, 5
- Liz Kohnen, Medical/Surgical Unit, 5
- Darcie Lee, Obstetrical Unit, 5
- Jeffrey Myers, Information Systems, 5
- Patty Nelson, Health Info Mngt, 5
- Crystal Parker, Food Service, 5
- Sarah Bappe, Nutrition Services, 5
- Lisa Wallenstein, Central Sterilization, 5
- Karmen Weinzirl, Rehabilitation Services, 5
- Lori Welch, Rehabilitation Services, 5
- Suzanne Bauder, Obstetrical Unit, 10
- Joanna Bott, Rehabilitation Services, 10
- Kathy Coughlin, Central Sterilization, 10
- Torria Hennrich, Radiology, 10
- Laurie Maas, Medical/Surgical Unit, 10
- Carey Roden, Obstetrical Unit, 10
- Jon Vander Maten, Emergency Room, 10
- Lisa Graff, Purchasing, 15
- Darlene Hyke, Emergency Room, 15
- Theresa Ford, Emergency Room, 15
- Chanda Kolousek, Rehabilitation Services, 15
- Jill Lund-Harmdierks, Laboratory, 15
- Glenda Sporrer, Food Service, 15
- Diane Brandsrud, Obstetrical Unit, 20
- Chuck DeJean, Business Office, 20
- Sharon Effling, Medical/Surgical Unit, 20
- Elaine Hilton, Laboratory, 20
- Tara Meyers, Laboratory, 20
- Vickie Rounds, Business Office, 20
- Eric Wangsness, Radiology, 20
- Kay Williams, Home Care, 20
- Dennise Brock, Patient Education, 25
- Amy Christensen, Intensive Care Unit, 25
- Wayne Gall, Radiology, 25
- Betty Kuehl, Medical/Surgical Unit, 25
- Pam, Langbehn, Respiratory Therapy, 25
- Deborah, Sattgast, Rehabilitation Services, 25
- Patricia, Woolridge, Emergency Room, 25
- Karen Brandenburg, Emergency Room, 30
- Margie Caviezel, Emergency Room, 30
- Pamela Poulisse, Obstetrical Unit, 30
- Lori Robish, Medical/Surgical Unit, 30
- Donna Haigh, Radiology, 35
- Susan Wollman, Information Systems, 35
- Jacki Bain, Health Info Management, 40
- Eva Wipf, Surgery, 40
Back to News Listing | Back to Blogs | Back to Girl Talk Blogs