Waters and Grimes Honored at HRMC Awards Ceremony
January 14, 2018
Huron, S.D. – Huron Regional Medical Center (HRMC) honored employees for more than 700 years of combined service in addition to two employees for exceptional customer service skills at the hospital’s Employee Awards Presentation on Friday, January 5, 2018, at the Huron Event Center.
During the evening event, 40 employees were recognized for sharing their hearts and years of service, ranging from 5 to 45 years, with hospital patients. Employees and their family members enjoyed a meal while celebrating the 715 years of combined service represented by those being honored.
In addition to the service awards, HRMC recognized two employees with special customer service awards. Mariah Waters, who has worked at HRMC for more than five years, was selected by coworkers to be the 2017 Exceptional Employee of the Year from the 12 monthly exceptional employee candidates.
According to coworkers, “Mariah is an exceptional professional who values teamwork, strives for excellence and is a role model who steps up to mentor and teach others,” the nomination continued. “She genuinely cares for others and makes sure they have the best possible experience. She is simply the best!”
Originally from Huron, Waters graduated from Huron High School and earned a bachelor of science in nursing with a minor in Health Sciences from South Dakota State University in May 2015. She worked as a nurse aide for three years prior to becoming a nurse after graduation. She currently works on the medical/surgical and ICU units and is cross training to the emergency room.
Amanda Grimes, who works as a licensed practical nurse on HRMC’s medical/surgical unit, received the 2017 Mickey Mouse Award. The Mickey Mouse Award began in 1989 in memory of Dr. David Buchanan whose uplifting personality and contagious smile were an inspiration to all that knew him. Each year, an HRMC employee is selected who is dedicated to making people feel better in whatever they do. Employees are nominated for the honor by coworkers.
According to her coworkers, “Amanda is an all-around kind, caring and hard-working person who continually strives to help others, often saying, ‘I am here to help, just tell me what you need me to do’”.
“Her kind and patient nature and her winning attitude make both patients’ and coworkers’ lives better,” the nomination continued. “Even though Amanda walked through HRMC’s doors just months ago, every day since that first day she’s continued to shower both patients and coworkers with that same smile and jubilant attitude.”
Grimes has worked as an LPN for ten years and joined HRMC last fall. She is currently preparing to begin the new Southeast Technical Institute LPN-RN Huron program in August. Grimes lives in Huron with her son Mason who is in the first grade at Buchanan School. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her friends and family.
Other employees honored at the awards ceremony for service anniversary awards included:
- Jason Barnhard, Surgery, 5 years
- Karen Decker, Home Care, 5 years
- Jenny Getscher, Environmental Services, 5 years
- Lisa Heer, Medical/Surgical Unit, 5 years
- Elliot Hinricher, Pharmacy, 5 years
- Megan Krynauw, Emergency Room, 5 years
- Laurel Scheel, Pharmacy, 5 years
- Seth Soderman, Environmental Services, 5 years
- Tyniah Vanzee, Medical/Surgical Unit, 5 years
- Mariah Waters, Intensive Care Unit, 5 years
- Debbie Cutshaw, Rehabilitation Services, 10 years
- Vinita Daniel, Business Office, 10 years
- Jessica Darnell, Rehabilitation Services, 10 years
- Jessica King, Environmental Services, 10 years
- Stephanie Purintun, Emergency Room, 10 years
- Ann Van Winkle, Radiology, 10 years
- Roxana Wallace, Human Resources, 10 years
- Allison Bender, Health Information Management, 15 years
- Roxanne Ford, Business Office, 15 years
- Beryl Held, Laboratory, 15, years
- Donna Hepper, Physicians Clinic, 15 years
- Cheri Leyendecker, Physicians Clinic, 15 years
- Jean Thompson, Emergency Room, 15 years
- Sheri Beckwith, Medical/Surgical Unit, 20 years
- Jerry Chesley, Emergency Room, 20 years
- Kris Gohn, Rehabilitation Services, 20 years
- Tammy Jackson, Surgery, 20 years
- Laurie Marcus, Emergency Room, 20 years
- Joette Erickson, Central Sterilization, 25 years
- Deb French, Health Information Management, 25 years
- Gayle Larson, Medical/Surgical Unit, 25 years
- Misty Sporrer, Human Resources, 25 years
- Michael Strubel, Respiratory Therapy, 25 years
- Deb Rycraft, Radiology, 35 years
- Deb Fraser, Laboratory, 40 years
- Sandy Hathaway, Surgery, 40 years
- Corliss Kleinsasser, Surgery, 40 years
- Sandra Ritter, Medical/Surgical Unit, 40 years
- Julie Uttecht, Obstetrical Unit, 40 years
- Phyllis Jones, Surgery, 45 years
Back to News Listing | Back to Blogs | Back to Girl Talk Blogs